In addition to the catalog genomes that Tapestri Designer provides, you can upload your own references to design a Custom Panel. To get started, upload a custom genome file by following the steps below:
- Login to Mission Bio Portal.
- Launch Tapestri Designer.
- Click the Custom Genomes tab. The Custom Genomes table will appear. Pre-loaded catalog genomes will be displayed. Any previously uploaded custom genomes will also be listed in the table.
- Click the Upload Genome button. The Upload Custom Genome screen will appear. Fill in the details in the input fields.
- Genome Name: Must be between 3 and 50 characters, consisting of letters, numbers, and supported special characters: hyphen (-) and underscore (_).
- Common Name: The common name of the organism the sequences belong to. Must be between 3 and 50 characters, consisting of letters and numbers.
- Scientific Name: The scientific name of the organism the sequences belong to. Must be between 3 and 100 characters, consisting of letters and numbers.
- Assembly Version: The genome version of the custom reference file must be between 1 and 20 characters, consisting of letters and numbers.
- # Contigs: Total number of contigs in the file.
- Genome FASTA file: Select the custom reference .fa file. File names cannot contain spaces. For file specifications, please refer to this document.
- Polymorphism loci on primers BED file (optional): Select a polymorphism .bed file containing the regions of high polymorphism. File names cannot contain spaces. For file specifications, please refer to this document.
To save your custom genome file, click Submit. This starts the uploading process. The file will be added to the table of Custom Genomes with a status of Processing. The upload time varies based on the genome file size. Once the file completes uploading, the status of the custom genome file will change to Completed.
This reference file will now be available for use when creating custom panels in Step 01 - Select Parameters. The drop-down menu for Genome selection will list the file with the Genome name provided.
Note: Once the files have been uploaded, no changes can be made. If you need to make changes, upload the edited files using the Upload Genome button.