In addition to the catalog references that Tapestri Designer provides, you can upload your own references to design a Custom Panel. To get started, upload a custom reference file by following the steps below:
- Login to Mission Bio Portal.
- Launch Tapestri Designer.
- Click on your name in the top right corner. A drop-down menu will appear.
- Click on Upload Reference Files. The Custom References screen will appear. Pre-loaded catalog references will be displayed. Any previously uploaded custom references will also be listed in the table.
- To upload a custom reference file, click the Add Reference button.
- Fill in the information on the pop-up screen as seen below.
- Genome name: Must be between 3 and 50 characters in length, consisting of letters, numbers, and supported special characters: hyphen (-) and underscore (_).
- Assembly version: The genome version of the custom reference file must be between 1 and 20 characters in length, consisting of letters and numbers.
- Common name: The common name of the organism the sequences belong to. Must be between 3 and 50 characters in length, consisting of letters and numbers.
- # contigs: Total number of contigs in the file.
- Scientific name: The scientific name of the organism the sequences belong to. Must be between 3 and 100 characters in length, consisting of letters and numbers.
- Genome FASTA file: Select the custom reference FASTA file. For file specifications, please refer to this document.
- Polymorphism loci on primers: Optional. Select a polymorphism BED file containing the regions of high polymorphism. For file specifications, please refer to this document.
- To save your custom reference file, click Submit. This will start the uploading process. The file will be added to the table of Custom References with a status of UPLOADING. The upload time will vary based on the reference file size. Once the file has been uploaded, the status of the custom reference file will change to READY.
This reference file will now be available for use in creating custom panels. The drop-down menu for Genome selection will list the file with the Genome name provided.
Note: Once the files have been uploaded, no changes can be made. If you need to make changes, upload the edited files using the Add Reference button.